Distinct Support Services is a health and social care provider focused on improving lives and communities.
We provide services for young people and adults with mental health conditions, learning disabilities,physical disabilities, sensory impairments, and dementia.
Our person-centered approach puts our clients at the heart of the care they receive. We tailor each support/care plan around an individual needs. Our work covers five core areas:
Young adults and Adults Services
Our service provides excellent supported living accommodation for young adults and adults. Our staff group are versatile, competent, dynamic, dedicated and professional.
We view residential care not as a last resort, but as a valuable option in its own right for some young people who have had painful experiences of family life.
We are able to provide stable, effective placements for young people, including those with mental health conditions – providing them with a safe, caring community in which they can thrive and learn to build positive relationships
- High value, flexible services for local authorities
- Consistent staffing and experienced management
- Effective partnership working with other agencies
We design and operate services for people with learning disabilities/difficulties – empowering them to make their own choices and decisions wherever possible.
We are specialists in mental health services, offering integrated support that sees past your mental health diagnosis to support you as you achieve your personal goals.
We provide personalised supported living accomodation for young adults and adults with varying needs, in family sized houses. We promote independence, social inclusion and encourage people, even those with the most complex or challenging needs to take charge of their own lives.Our homes are situated in residential areas close to local amenities and transport links.
We are aware that only through integration, personalisation and responding to the wishes and needs of the people that use our services, will those services remain relevant and effective.
With highly experienced teams, we provide exceptional care and support that delivers excellent value for money. We offer multiple services; we are experts in helping people with the most complex needs.
We will give the individual support you need. Tailoring our services, we can target your personal challenges and help you get your life back on track, by investing in the best care fore the people that need it most.
The Aims and Objectives of the Service
- Service Users to be supported to make informed choices how to live their lives
- Service Users to be involved in all aspects of the service delivery
- High quality care to be delivered in Service Users homes
- To create a lifestyle that will promote and enhance personal choice, independence and overall well being
- To create an environment where all individuals are valued
- Accommodation for clients that requires short term and long term placement.
Our values represent who we are. They include:
- Prompt and timely response
- Recognition and reward